Cheese and rice! It’s been over a year since I posted anything. That’s just not cool. The problem is, every time I think of something to write about I get distracted by some mundane daily task and then…well…here we are. LOTS has happened since we last spoke. Let’s see..in order:
- I got hired on at Lincoln full-time. WooHoo! Great job, but even greater colleagues.
- In August, my husband got a job..in Huntsville, Alabama..and moved in with my parents, who happen to live there, while the kids and I stayed home in Fort Wayne to get the house ready to sell.
- The house in Fort Wayne.. well..it still hasn’t sold! I’ll get back to that in a bit.
- We went ahead and put an offer on a house in Cullman, AL- my hometown. We got it, and he moved in solo in January.
- Lincoln…well, good old Lincoln…new VP..re-org..position eliminated..blah blah…(sad face)…no, we’re sorry, your job is NOT going to transfer to Alabama like we said…so there was that.
- House still not sold, job coming to an end..the perfect time to make the official move south and get the family back together again.
- April 19 we said good-bye to our Fort Wayne house and friends, with lots of emotional farewells and nostalgia.
So here I sit, in Cullman, in my new house which just happens to be RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the house that I lived in in high school, the house where we stood in the drive-way and said our good-byes to my parents 14 years ago when Graehm drove me off in a big U-Haul to our house in Fort Wayne.
There is a word for this. I wouldn’t call it full-circle. That doesn’t capture its essence. I’ll have to think on that some more and get back to you…